New TWBI/DLI Teacher Symposium
July 26 – 28, 2021
ATDLE is organizing a 2.5-day symposium for teachers new to TWBI/DLI Education this coming fall. With over 30 years of experience working with TWBI/DLI programs throughout the country, our team will help initiate all new TWBI/DLI teachers to the program elements of Two-Way Bilingual Immersion and Dual Language programs. We understand that new teachers are not on board until after July 1, 2021, we scheduled this symposium to allow your teachers time to get set for the upcoming school year.
Join us for this great professional learning opportunity and receive resources to help you start the school year successfully. You will have an opportunity to work with experienced Master TWBI/DLI teachers and receive suggestions on how to plan the first weeks of school for your students.
The sessions will be held virtually this year and you will be able to receive CEU units with Vanguard University for the 15 hours of this symposium should you need them.
Registration will be open from April 26 to July 19, 2021.
Please note we will not offer taped sessions since this work is copyrighted. In order to view the sessions, you must attend virtually.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Full Virtual Conference: $375 per person. The conference will be from June 28th – 30th. Attendees will have access to all sessions and resource materials.
Group Discounted Full Conference: If registering 4 or more people from one school you will receive a $25 per attendee discount. This discount will be applied automatically in the group registration system and you will see this on the registration summary page prior to paying.
Read further down on this page for all-conference policies.
Here are some topics:
- Know and Understand research
- Guiding principles of Dual Language
- Language Acquisition
- Define English Time
- Define Target Language Time
- Classroom Management
- Language Management
- Grade level Specific training
Please read as some of our policies have changed to align with the virtual environment of our conference!
CHECK POLICY: Please include a copy of your registration confirmation with your check payment. All check payments are due by 07/19/2021 after 07/19/2021, individuals may still register but must pay with a credit card. Please mail all checks to ATDLE, 3121 Park Ave, Ste C. Soquel, CA 95073. Whether a registrant is paid or not, all registrants must cancel in writing by the cancellation deadline of 07/19/2021 or will be held liable for payment.
CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations must be received in writing before 07/19/2021 and are subject to a $35 administrative fee. Cancellation received in writing by 07/19/2021 will be refunded less a $35 administrative fee. No refunds whatsoever after 07/19/2021. Please send your cancellation request to email@example.com. ALL cancellations must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call to confirm receipt of the cancellation request (408) 216-0088.
VIRTUAL CONFERENCE POLICIES:
- Attendees and their guests are to treat all attendees, volunteers, and staff involved with the convention in a professional and courteous manner. Argumentative behavior, disruptive behavior, and any form of harassment is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- By registering, you hereby authorize and grant ATDLE, the right to record all participants via screenshots, film, and/or video, along with editing the recorded conference into a photo gallery/short film/webinar, which may include other recordings and material. You also authorize and grant ATDLE the use of the name and likeness, voice, or other information concerning participants; and screen or place the recording/materials online, including social media.
- Participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any ATDLE virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services except within the virtual exhibit hall by paid exhibitors. ATDLE reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants agree to not copy or take screenshots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
- Participants agree to not share (including live streaming) any portion of the presentations, handouts, recordings, or conference materials with other individuals (who did not participate or register to participate in the event) unless specifically authorized by ATDLE and/or the Presenter.
- Presenters may express a wide variety of opinions and views which do not necessarily represent the opinions and views of ATDLE and/or you as an individual. The presenters were selected because of their expertise in their respective subject areas and to provide you with a diversity of views on a variety of topics to enhance your conference experience.
LIABILITY POLICY / ASSUMPTION OF RISKS: By registering for this event, I hereby assume all of the risks of participating in all activities at ATDLE Events, including but not limited to, any risks that may arise from the negligence or carelessness of ATDLE, their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, partners, contractors, agents, representatives, volunteers, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Host”) and/or from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, operated or controlled by the Host.
(A) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE the Host from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence of the Host or myself, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or any other damage or actions of any kind which may affect or impact me in any way arising from the Activity.
(B) I INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the Host from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of my participation in the Activity, whether caused by the negligence of the Host, myself or otherwise.