- BA or MA in education
- Minimum of 10 years experience working in schools as a teacher and/or coach/resource teacher
- Minimum of 3 years with administration experience
- 3-5 years with Professional Development training experience
Assistant Director, Non-Profit Organization Tasks – ATDLE
- Assist in overall management and operation of the organization by weekly meetings with the Executive Director
- Report to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis all activity and
- Assist in managing fundraising programs to include:
- secure new contracts with school districts as they implement their new programs or realign their existing programs
- write new grants proposals for future funding for ATDLE
- acquire sponsors for professional development activities of the organization
- engage in fundraising efforts to secure the stability of ATDLE
- Conference and Professional Training – Planning and Scheduling
- Lead organizer (with the executive director) of the annual national TWBI conference: organizing and leading workshops, securing the venues, working with the BTF team to monitor the attendance, work with the exhibitors and sponsors, as needed.
- Help the ED prepare status reports on the status of the conferences and symposiums with formal presentations to the Board of Directors (pre-post conference)
- Website Development
- Oversee and update all the information on the website with BTF web designers
- Update and review the social media sites for ATDLE with current information and calendar of activities.
Professional Development Activities
- Contribute to the writing of training materials and training manuals for all professional development activities
- Schedule and conduct trainings in TWBI/DLI for regional forums and institutes and school districts
- Conduct trainings on TWBI/DLI pedagogy and programs at annual conferences to include: Cosecha, ATDLE, North Carolina, TABE, OABE, WABE, CABE, as requested
- Participate in non-profit training for budget development, meeting legal requirements, conducting business as a 501©3
- Update ATDLE business plan and conduct annual budget planning sessions with the executive director and BTF
- Participate in the National Dual Language Forum activities and functions representing ATDLE
Contribution to a retirement plan (SIMPLE IRA, or the like)
Contribution to the health plan via Covered California
- 3 weeks – scheduled after the national conference is completed and not to interfere with the summer training schedule for ATDLE activities. These weeks must be scheduled/negotiated with the ED at the beginning of each fiscal year.
- 1 week Christmas break
- 1 week Thanksgiving week
- All state and federal holidays
VII. Reimbursement of Travel and Mileage:
- All reimbursements will be made for ATDLE business travel, food and hotel and car rentals with a careful accounting and receipts. These expenses may be invoiced to the contract that the Asst. Director is directing. These expenses, if solely on ATDLE business (conferences, board meetings, national meetings) will require receipts.
- Mileage to and from a work site will also be reimbursed unless a car rental is less expensive and should therefore, be used in place of using one’s personal vehicle.
If interested please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com