Do You Want to Be A Speaker
at the Annual Conference?
at the Annual Conference?
ATDLE is looking for an array of presentations across Two-Way and Dual Language educators to gather, study the latest research and methodologies, and network with other great programs from throughout the United States. We anticipate to be 1,000 – 1,100 attendees.
Conference Date: Monday, June 24th – Wednesday, June 26th
Location: Riverside Convention Center.
2024 Call for Presentations Process: Proposals must be submitted online and will only be accepted via our online form. Deadline for applications is Friday, February 23rd. Whether you’ve presented every year, or 2024 would be your first year presenting, we would love to hear from you!
Speaker applications are open to experienced teachers or administrators working with TWBI / DLI programs and Gold or above sponsors who will register to attend the 2024 Conference by Friday, February 23rd, 2024. Presenters must reference the Guiding Principles of Dual Language Education as part of their presentation/s. Speakers will be expected to register for the Conference in order to be accepted as a presenter. Presenters do not receive free convention registration. Lead presenters for each session are eligible for a $150 discount on their conference registration if they choose to register for the entire event. In the event that a lead presenter will only be present for the day of their presentation, ATDLE will grant them one complimentary 1-day pass on the day of their presentation. If presenters wish to attend the entire conference, they have the option to purchase a full registration package. Gold and above sponsors are welcome to apply but are not compensated.
New and veteran TWBI teachers, lead teachers, coaches, site and district administrators working in TWBI/DL program settings.
Must be experienced teachers or administrators working with TWBI/DL programs. Presenters must reference the Guiding Principles of Dual Language Education as part of your presentation(s).
Your session must be geared for adult learners with powerful visuals and handouts that allow participants to take notes and learn from your practice.
- Presenters must speak specifically from the context of being a TWBI/Dual language educator in a TWBI / Dual Language classrooms (not regular bilingual, ESL or SEI program classrooms).
- The sessions are built around the sharing of your expertise as a TWBI/DL teacher, or administrator or teacher trainer who works directly with both Native Speakers and English Speakers in your TWBI program.
- Reference the “Guiding Principles of Dual Language Education” within the framework of the presentation.
- Submit titles, descriptions, and workshop materials that are error-free, edited for grammar, punctuation and capitalization. ATDLE reserves the right to edit titles and workshop descriptions.
- Include time for a formal workshop presentation that includes group discussions, a small break if necessary, and group work so that participants are fully engaged in your work.
- Indicate whether or not you will present the workshop in a language other than English.
- Please note that if you do not send in your handouts for uploading by the deadline you will be responsible for your own duplication and distribution.
Important Presenters Information:
The online submission link will open soon! You will be notified whether your proposal was selected or not and we ask that you please check your email for this notification. You may also inquire by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org after that date.
Upon acceptance of the proposal for presentation, one presenter will receive a complimentary registration. Additional presenters will be added to the program but must register and pay appropriate fees to attend the conference.
All correspondence will be addressed via email to the contact person listed as the First Presenter on the proposal form. It is the responsibility of the First Presenter to share information with any co-presenters. Notification of proposal status will be sent out upon approval to enable the presenters to notify their district and register online (at the special reduced rate).
Remember to continuously check our website for additional information about the conference.