Do You Want to Be A Speaker
at the Annual Conference?
at the Annual Conference?
ATDLE invites you to submit a proposal to be a presenter at the 30th Annual National Two-Way Bilingual Immersion Conference; the deadline to submit proposals is April 15, 2022. The conference is a unique professional development opportunity for Two-Way and Dual Language educators to gather, study the latest research and methodologies, and network with other great programs from throughout the United States.
The 30th Annual National TWBI Conference has been designed to take place June 26 – 29, 2022 at the Riverside Convention Center, to allow teachers, lead teachers, coaches, administrators the opportunity to study and revisit the program components that best support the development of a great TWBI/DL programs. We believe in the power of great instruction in two (or more) languages for the students of our country and are committed to creating a conference that is relevant, practical, and focused on the professional needs of our TWBI/DL educators!
Interested in presenting?
New and veteran TWBI teachers, lead teachers, coaches, site and district administrators working in TWBI/DL program settings.
Must be experienced teachers or administrators working with TWBI / DL programs. Presenters must reference the Guiding Principles of Dual Language Education as part of your presentation/s.
Your session must be geared for adult learners with powerful visuals and handouts that allow participants to take notes and learn from your practice.
- Presenters must speak specifically from the context of being a TWBI/Dual language educator in a TWBI / Dual Language classrooms (not regular bilingual, ESL or SEI program classrooms).
- The sessions are built around the sharing of your expertise as a TWBI/DL teacher, or administrator or teacher trainer who works directly with both Native Speakers and English Speakers in your TWBI program.
- Reference the “Guiding Principles of Dual Language Education” within the framework of the presentation.
- Submit titles, descriptions, and workshop materials that are error-free, edited for grammar, punctuation and capitalization. ATDLE reserves the right to edit titles and workshop descriptions.
- Include time for a formal workshop presentation that includes group discussions, a small break if necessary, and group work so that participants are fully engaged in your work.
- Indicate whether or not you will present the workshop in a language other than English.
- Please note that if you do not send in your handouts for uploading by the deadline that you will be responsible for your own duplication and distribution.
Important Presenters Information:
The online submission link is now open! You will be notified whether your proposal was selected or not and we ask that you please check your email for this notification. You may also inquire by sending us an email at email@example.com after that date.
Upon acceptance of the proposal for presentation, one presenter will receive a complimentary registration. Additional presenters will be added to the program but must register and pay appropriate fees to attend the conference.
All correspondence will be addressed via email to the contact person listed as the First Presenter on the proposal form. It is the responsibility of the First Presenter to share information with any co-presenters. Notification of proposal status will be sent out upon approval to enable the presenters to notify their district and register online (at the special reduced rate).
Remember to continuously check our website for additional information about the conference.